Oct 26, 2012

Maybelline Colossal Cat Eyes Mascara Review

First off, can I say how EXCITED I was to try this product. I absolutely love cat eye anything and after seeing the commercial, I knew I had to try this product to test out its claim of creating a dramatic cat eye appearance with just a few coats of this product. 

Maybelline claims that the Maybelline Colossal Cat Eyes Mascara has a "Lush Collagen formula and claw brush fill out lashes up to 8 x the volume with fabulous cat-like corners, instantly. It's wild!"



Let’s talk packaging before even opening up the product, how adorable is the bright yellow mascara tube with its pink animal print, very cute. Upon opening up the package and pulling out the brush, I noticed that the brush itself was lightweight and the brush head was quite small and curved.The formula appears to be a bit on the drier side, which for me is a great thing. (Side note, wet formula mascaras do not do a thing for me, except leaving me with a big clumpy mess). The smell of the formula was quite pleasant too, not chemically at all.


Now on to the actual application. I am starting with, naked lashes. I applied one coat and then let it dry. Then applied a second coat and let that dry. This is the result after a second coat. But then, I just had to put on some eyeliner and finish the look.

I have to say, I am impressed, quite impressed. And I believe I have fallen in love this product. The small brush, coats my lashes, including the small ones on the inner corner as well as my bottom lashes. The brush was much lighter than I expected since the tube was so large. Even after the first coat, I noticed that my lashes seemed to be curling outward and to the side, making my eyes appear more cat like. To be fair, I did not put on my usual winged liners so you can see, just what a difference this mascara makes.
 
The end result, is that I have just thrown out all of my other mascaras (it was time anyway) and I totally smitten with this mascara.. that makes my lashes go .. RAWR! 


 Highlights:
  • Price:  I was able to find the Maybelline Cat Eyes Mascara at Walmart for a mere $5.00 on rollback. What a bargain! I can see myself stocking up on these, this is how much I love this product. 
  • Packaging:  As stated above, super cute animal print on a bright yellow tube, how ferocious and adorable.
  • Application:  The combination of the lightweight brush and the small curved brush head makes application a breeze, and you get all those little tiny lashes too. The drier formula does not clump and I did not notice any flaking after a full day, almost 10 hours.
  • Scent: Surprisingly, this mascara did not have the chemical smell at all, and it was kind of pleasant.
  • BSB Spice Rating: BLAZIN

 Has anyone else tried this mascara? Leave a comment and let us know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment