Oct 15, 2012

e.l.f. Studio Lip Exfoliator Review

Hey BSB's! Just recently I posted that I received a mini haul of e.l.f products and it is time for my first review. I think I knew before I receive this product that I was going to love it and I DO! It is the
e.l.f Studio Lip Exfoliator. It is a fairly new product from e.l.f and it is constantly out of stock because it is just that GREAT!


e.l.f describes this product as "A sweet sugar and smoothing sensation, infused with Vitamin E, Shea Butter, Avocado, Grape and Jojoba Oils to nourish and protect. This Lip Exfoliator treats and smoothes lips for a conditioned and revitalized feel." and that is exactly what it is and does.

This exfoliator has such a yummy smell. It smells just like a chewy sugar cookie and it tastes just as good. It makes you want to lick the treatment right off of your lips, but try to refrain. You can see all of the sugars they added to aid in the exfoliation in my picture above. It is a scrub stick, so it is not creamy or soft. You have to be gentle when you apply it.

To use it, you just lightly dampen your lips and apply it using a circular motion all over your lips. No need to press hard. Let the product do the work for you. Use a damp cotton ball or pad to remove. It leaves your lips feeling soft, smooth and moisturized. Then, you follow with a lip moisturizer or your lip color. I like hit it with a moisturizer even if I am putting on lip color. I can not tell you how essential it is to exfoliate your lips. It improves the overall condition and appearance of your lips and allows for a much smoother application of your lip products.

Overall, I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this product. I have been using it everyday since I got it and it has become my new favorite lip product and for Only $3.00, I mean what can I say except I plan on stocking up on these as soon as they come back in stock. Yep, they are out of stock right now. :-(  I am glad I got the one I have when I did.


Highlights
  • Scent/Taste: Very pleasant and yummy.
  • Value: For what this product offers for Only $3.00. It is a no brainer.
  • Application:  Very easy to apply. Be gentle since this is a scrub. You do not want to damage your lips. 
  • Results:  Leaves lips very smooth and soft. My lips actually feel a bit plumper after using it because the scrubbing brings the blood to the surface of the lips. Disclaimer: This is not something they claim this product does, but when you use it, you will see what I mean.
  • BSB Spice Rating:  BLAZIN! (our highest rating)

If you have used this product or decide to try it, please leave a comment and tell us what you think.

2 comments:

  1. Dyandra Dedier10/15/12, 3:56 PM

    I had no idea there was such a product like this by e.l.f.! I've purchased blushes, eyeshadows, face primer, brushes and so many other products from them already and I'm always pleased. I have to keep an eye out for this one. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Welcome Dyandra! We were surprised as well and could not wait to share it.

      Delete